- Daily Scripture--I think I'm defeating the Catholic stereotype about knowing zip about Scripture by a slim margin, but not much. Regardless, I want to make this a priority.
- Daily Mass--At least 3 days a week other than Sunday. Going to Mass 4 out of 7 days each week can only be a good thing.
- Grocery Shop and Cook--Post-September Eat-In Challenge (which was relatively successful, btw), I've failed miserably at this. However, with a stock of awesome cookbooks received for Christmas (I'm in America's Test Kitchen utopia here), I plan to try my hand at more than a few new dishes. Something simple to start: Guinness Beef Stew!
- Call More Often--Living 500 miles away from your next of kin isn't easy. Facebook makes keeping in touch simple, but a status update does not a relationship make. No excuses on this one!
- More Sleep and More Exercise--More exercise will lead to improved sleep, and vice versa. It's all a matter of getting up at a reasonable hour...I just hate mornings.
- Plan and Save--*sigh*
Reflecting on the past five years and the various things I've done there, I slipped into the courtroom for some alone time. I spent a few minutes trying to recall--perhaps revive--the feelings I had when I interviewed for and started the job. Alas, I was unsuccessful. A few weeks back, I went so far as to turn down meeting a well-known jazz musician, simply because I wanted to wear jeans to work. To wrap up this post, I leave you with an exchange I had with a friend this evening, followed by an awesome song (but weird video) by Aerosmith.
Friend: Did you listen to Obama's speech?
Friend: Me either. Go us for being Washington insiders.